Pages

Feed icon

Sunday 16 January 2011

DoggCatcher For Android, Best Pod Casting App?

;

DoggCatcher For Android, Best Pod Casting App?

I’ve got a pretty long commute to work and one of the must have functionalities for me is something that would allow me to kill the time. That’s why Im a huge pod cast buff. In my opinion, a good pod cast player is difficult to come by these days. For quite some time, it appeared that Apple has cornered the market with their pod cast integration on iTunes. And while there are several apps available today on the Android Market for listening to your favorite pod casts, like Google Listen and aCast, I thought it might be worth while to mention another contender that I have been using seamlessly for my pod casting amusement. DoggCatcher, an excellent pod cast player, is available on the market and is arguably one of the best pod cast players around for the Android platform.

I had no difficulty at all finding my favorite feeds and uploading them. Unfortunately, it’s going to run you $7 bucks on the market, but it’s worth it and I’ll tell you why. I’m of the opinion that some times you just have to spend a couple of extra bucks to obtain true quality. As your grandpa might have told you before, you get what you pay for. You can stream or download the pod cast directly to your device’s SD card over the network or over WiFi. And while Google Listen has great integration with Google Reader, I still found it was difficult to find some of the favorite feeds I’ve always enjoyed, they just weren’t available on the app. It was rather limited in my opinion. With DoggCatcher, I’ve been able to grab all of my favorite feeds instantly, like our Talk Android Info Bytes pod cast. In addition to audio, the app also supports news and RSS feeds, making the app your one stop shop for all things news. And as most Android applications have, DoggCatcher integrates a great widget for your desktop.

One of the nicer touches to get you started with the app, are the several tech feeds already built in to the “Add Feed” section of the app. If you’re not sure where to begin, this is a great place to start for discovering new content, such as the Twit network, Revision 3, NPR, BBC and more. So if you’re still looking for that dream pod cast player and just haven’t found the right one yet, then head on over to our database or hit it up in the market. And don’t forget to let us know what you think in the comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
x