Pages

Feed icon

Friday 1 April 2011

Comparing Insurance Rates - What's the Best Way to Do It?

;
Comparing Insurance Rates - What's the Best Way to Do It?

Why Should You Compare Insurance?

Lots of people just purchase insurance policies because they saw a cute advertisement on TV or a friend sent them to the company that they use. This can be an expensive mistake. Different companies all have their own ways of rating applicants, and you should figure out which insurer will be the best choice for you.

In my opinion, you should always compare before you buy. After all, for most of us, our insurance premiums are a big part of our local budget. When you add up your auto, home, life, and heath insurance premiums, you may be spending thousands of dollars every year. Why not take advantage of an opportunity to cut your bills or get better coverage?

Examples To Illustrated Why You Should Compare Policies

To illustrate the importance of comparing quotes and plans, look at an example. A few years ago, I was very satisfied with my old auto policy and company. I had been with the same company for several years, and my experiences were positive. I believed the premium was fair. I had experienced good customer service when I did need to make a claim.

But when I tried to add a teen driver to my family coverage, that old company tripled my rates! I tried to call and reason with them, but they could not make me a better offer. They said that my teenager was a high risk driver, and that it always would be expensive to cover him.

Instead of just accepting that high price, I obtained competitive quotes from a handful of major companies in my area. A very well known company had attractive discounts that I could qualify for. They gave me a premium estimate which combined by home and auto policy, and which saved me $200 a month.

Saving two hundred dollars a month meant that I saved over $2,000 a year. In my opinion, that savings was worth a little bit of time spent shopping.

How Should You Start Comparing Insurance Policies?

If you have ever studied your own policies, you probably thought they looked pretty confusing. There are so many things to consider. You will need to select the amount and type of coverage, deductible amounts, and which features to accept or decline.

In addition, it used to be very tough to actually compare different companies. In the old days, you would have had to set appointments with a handful of agents, sit through presentations, and set aside quite a bit of time. Many of these agents had an agenda. They wanted to sell you on their particular company. You could not be sure you were getting unbiased advice. This made the whole process of comparing companies very time consuming and stressful.

Because it used to be so hard to compare policies, many people never really do a good job of researching this important purchase. They still believe that the only way to shop for a new policy is to do it the old fashioned way.

Compare Insurance The 21st Century Way!

However, the 21st century gave us the Internet Revolution. Now we have access to high-tech quote systems that run on any computer with access to the web. You can find some simple and quick quote forms that only take a few minutes to use.

* Look for a quote form that compares multiple insurers. Also look for a secure server so your information is safe. Third party verification, like the Better Business Bureau, can also tell you if other people were satisfied with this service. You should see this information displayed before you start the quote form.
* It takes less than 5 minutes to complete the online quote form. The type of insurance you want will affect some of the details that are requested. Other information, like your zip code, will always be asked for.
* After you complete the form, you will get to compare more than one insurance company and/or policy. You should also get a phone number and email address for agents and representatives who can answer your questions. Sometimes you can complete your transaction online or over the phone.
* You should never be under any obligation to purchase an insurance policy. You are free to keep your old policy, keep shopping, or purchase a policy from one of the insurers you see on your quote form.

Combine Technology with Expert Advice

In addition to using the online systems to get matched with good companies, you can also take advantage of the contact information for local agents and company representatives. You are free to call or email these people if you have any final questions that can help you decide.

Personally, I like to use the computer systems to help me narrow down my choices. I always like to speak to somebody at the company before I make a final decision. Beyond the price I will pay, I also like to make sure I will be dealing with a friendly and helpful company.

The systems are totally free, and they do not put you under any obligation to purchase a policy from one of the participating insurance companies. Since they are quick to use, and they do not cost anything, this is a great way to save money and time when you are trying to compare policies.

Can We Help You Compare Insurance?

Learn how to get insurance the simple, safe, and 21st century way. We provide consumer friendly articles and online insurance quotes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
x